Texture Analyzers used for Texture analysis are an important factor affecting processing and handling, influencing habits, and affecting shelf-life and consumer acceptance of products.
Texture analyzers are based on instrumental methods of texture analysis.
Instrumental methods of assessing texture measurement can be carried out under more strictly defined and controlled conditions. Changes in ingredient levels can cause several simultaneous changes in product characteristics. A main goal of many texture profile analysis studies are devised by one or more mechanical tests with the capacity to replace human sensory evaluation as a tool to evaluate texture analysis.
The principle of a texture measurement system is to deform the sample in a controlled manner and measure its response. Imagine turning a laboratory balance upside down and pressing the balance pan down into the sample.
The force response of the sample would be shown on the digital display moving up or down depending on how far you pushed the balance into the sample – This is exactly how the texture analyzer works.
Forces created during this movement are manipulated to recreate conditions that foods are exposed to when we eat them or process them. This means that we are able to directly measure and predict how a food will perform or feel. Different test applications call for different levels of technology, load capacity, robustness, accuracy and budget. The requirements of the test application directly affect the choice of instrument. For example, high-powered software driven system would be no use for rudimentary field-testing. For this reason FTC provide food technologists with 4 different levels of instrumentation to fit every test environment
The TMS-Pro is the “flagship” of the FTC line of food testing texture analysis instruments. When the application calls for precise force, position and speed control, the TMS-Pro is unsurpassed.
The “Pro” was designed as an affordable alternative texture analyzer to the very high priced test systems offered by competitors. With a capacity of 2500 Newtons, (550 lbs.) in compression or tension, the TMS-Pro can handle the toughest applications. The system comes complete with the award winning “Texture Lab Pro” software package and any size load cell of your choice.
The TMS-Pro texture analyzer accepts the full and expanding line of FTC test cells including the industry standard, FTC Kramer Shear Cell as well as fixtures from our competitors. Best of all the TMS-Pro is backed by FTC's 40 years of food texture measurement experience, applications development and legendary customer service.
- Intelligent load cells changeable in seconds
- High force capacity in compression or tension
- Unequalled data acquisition rates of up to 2000 readings per second
- Full range of test cells, probes and fixtures
- Portable, simple to set up and easy to learn
- Master and operator modes with password protection
- Powerful yet easy to use software for your PC
- Fully programmable for unlimited test designs
- Real time graphing and display
- Automatic statistical calculations
Supplied with: 1 Load Cell (specify at time of order); one fixture table (either 432-043 or 432-243), T-slot mounting base, Software; Cables; Manuals.
- Force Range ±2500N (562lbf, 255kgf)
- Force Resolution 0.015% of load cell - 15gf (0.5ozf) for a 1000 Newton load cell
- Travel Range 300mm (12in)
- Position Resolution 32 centimeters (12.5 in.) of Travel with 2.5 micron resolution
- Normal Speed Range 1 - 500mm/min (0.04-20"/min) and larger speed range according
- customer special requirement
- Speed Accuracy Better than 0.1%
- Data Acquisition Rate 16000 readings/sec, filtered to 2000 readings/sec
- Load Cells, Intelligent load cells, changeable by the user in seconds
- Capacities Available 2, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000, 2500N (0.45 - 225lbf, 0.2 - 102kgf)
- Weight 18kg (40lbs)
- Power Supply 120/220 VAC 50/60 Hz selectable
The TMS-2000 is a research-grade texture profile analysis measurement system comprised of the TP-6 Texture Press combined with a Windows PC software package.
Designed specifically for food texture measurement, the TMS-2000 software controls the texture press and performs the data processing for results presentation to the operator. Communication and control are accomplished through a standard, reliable network connection so there is no additional hardware to install.
The texture measurement system is capable of up to 3000 pounds-force, and comes with the industry standard Model CS-1 Kramer Shear Cell as well as one FTA Force Transducer. The TMS-2000 can be supplied with or without the PC, and is designed to accommodate FTC Test Cells and Force Transducers. Most older FTC systems can be economically upgraded to the TMS-2000 platform. The system can display results in Metric or Imperial units.
Supplied with: TP-6 Ultra Quiet, Variable Speed and Pressure Texturepress, TMS-2000 software, One FTA Load cell (user specified range), CS-1 Test Cell and Operators Manual.
- Data collection Maximum data sampling rate at 390 sample per second 12 bit A to D conversion for maximum resolution
- Speed Variable 2-30 in/min or 0-75 cm/min
- Stroke distance 3.5 in / 8.9 cm
- Maximum force 3000 pounds / 1,363 kgs
- Power 15 Amps 120 Volt AC, 60 cycle
- Dimensions 19 x 20 x 34 in / 48 x 51 x 86 cm
- Weight 125 lbs / 56 kg
The TM-2 texture measurement system is the latest evolution on the legendary Kramer Shear Press.
The design is sealed against moisture so it can be placed right on the plant floor next to the production line. The TM-2 is maintenance free and is incredibly easy to use. Load the test cell and with the push of one button the system cycles through the test and displays the Peak Force results on an integrated display.
The texture gage can be set to read in metric or imperial units and the hydraulic press is capable of generating up to 3000 pounds (13,000 Newtons) of force in compression or tension for harder products. The TM-2 texture analyzer will accept the complete line of FTC test cell and load cells so it is versatile as well as rugged.
The TM-DX variation comes with an integral feature to measure the work done on the sample or "the area under the curve" and an RS-232 link to save readings directly to a Windows based PC.
MODEL TM-2 FOOD TEXTURE SYSTEM
Supplied with: TX Splash proof Texturepress, TG-4E texturegage, One FTA Load cell (user specified range), CS-1 Test Cell and Operators Manual. The system can be factory set to display results in Metric or Imperial units. MODEL TM-DX FOOD TEXTURE SYSTEM
Supplied with: TX Splash proof Texturepress, TG-4E-I Texturegage with Display in Peak Force and Integral (work), rs-232 port with software, One FTA Load cell (user specified range), CS-1 Test Cell and Operators Manual. The system can be factory set to display results in Metric or Imperial units System Specification
- Stroke speed Factory pre-set to your specification
- Maximum force 3000lbs
- Display units Lbs of force or metric (SI) units
- Power 120AC, 60 Hertz standard (other optional voltages available)
- Dimensions 24” x 24” x 36”
- Weight 73kg / 160lbs
For a laboratory setting the T-2000 is the right choice. The hydraulic texture profile analysis system is capable of up to 3000 lbs of force, for testing very hard products and large sample sizes.
The texture measurement system features adjustable hydraulic pressure and stroke speed as well as integral calculation. The T-2000 comes with the industry standard Model CS-1 Kramer Shear-Compression Test Cell as well as one model FTA Force Transducer.
Transducers, or "load cells", are available in a ±10, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000 and 3000 Lbs of force ranges. The T-2000 can accept many of the numerous test cells available from Food Technology and can be delivered to display in metric or imperial measurement units.
Supplied with: TP-6 Ultra Quiet, Variable Speed and Pressure Texturepress, TG-4E-I Texturegage with Display in Peak Force and Integral (work), rs-232 port with software, one FTA Load cell (user specified range), CS-1 Test Cell and Operators Manual. Factory set to display results in Metric or Imperial units
- Speed Variable 0-30 inches/minute or 0-75 cm/minute
- Stroke distance 3.5 inches / 8.9 cm
- Maximum force 3000 pounds / 1,363 kgs
- Display units Pounds of force, Newtons (kgs), or Tenderometer units (Intergral display inch/pounds or Joules)
- Data ouput RS232 serial
- Power 115 V 10 Amps 60 Hz or 220 V 6 Amps 50 Hz
- Dimensions 19 x 20 x 34 inches / 48 x 51 x 86 cm
- Weight 125 lbs / 56 kg